Romantique Jewelers Official $5000 Engagement/Anniversary Ring Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Win an engagement ring or an anniversary band worth up to $5,000.00
Register in store at Romantique Jewelers between April 1 & June 30, 2017
One entry per person
No purchase necessary
This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or in Puerto Rico.
1. DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES - Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01am Central Time (“CT”) on April 1, 2017 and ends at 6:00pm CT on June 30, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY - Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Rhode Island, New York, and Florida), the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Romantique Jewelers. (the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates. and related companies and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, including Avigad Law, LLC (the “Independent Administrator”) (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family member” shall be deemed to mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter:
(i) IN-STORE: To enter without making a purchase, Entrant must visit Romantique Jewelers at 3430 C McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, Missouri during the Sweepstakes Period and complete the Sweepstakes entry form in its entirety including: age, complete name, mailing address, and phone number. All entries must be received by 6:00pm CT on June 30, 2017.
(iv) WRITE-IN: On a postcard or a card that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches, legibly handwrite your complete name, mailing address, phone number and date of birth and mail with proper postage to Romantique Jewelers, 3430 C McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, MO 63044. All write-in entries must be postmarked by June 20, 2017 and received by June 30, 2017. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per envelope/postcard. Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Write-in entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win.
Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Sweepstakes, there is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the prize winner.
Neither Sponsor nor any Sweepstakes Entity is responsible for any entry that is lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entity.
4. DRAWING/ODDS - On or about July 1, 2017, potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor Representative. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): Up to $5,000 (USD) worth of bridal jewelry from Romantique. Prize will be awarded in the form of a Romantique Gift Card credit redeemable at Romantique Jewelers totaling $5,000 (USD) in value. Pre-tax and excluding shipping and handling fees. If winner’s total exceeds $5,000 (USD), he/she will be responsible for any additional costs exceeding $5,000 (USD). No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. Prize is not transferable or assignable. Prize may only be shipped to an address in the 50 United States and D.C. Gift cards are subject to terms/conditions indicated thereon and are not redeemable/exchangeable for cash (except where required by law.) All unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance/use of prize, including applicable taxes and duties on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will report winner’s receipt of prize as required by applicable law (winner, he/she will receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form.).
6. PREVIOUS PURCHASE: Prize HAS NO CASH value. If winner has made a previous eligible purchase from Romantique during Sweepstakes period, Romantique will offer to reimburse winner up to their purchase amount not to exceed Grand Prize amount. There will be no refund of remaining balance from Grand Prize amount. Reimbursement will be in the same form as original purchase method.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS - Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. All prizes are non-transferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All Romantique gift card terms and conditions apply to the use of the prizes, and are incorporated herein by reference. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Potential prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Publicity Release as a condition of winning a prize).
8. NOTIFICATIONS/CLAIMS - GRAND PRIZE: Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by the Independent Administrator by phone, FedEx courier service or the United States Postal Service on or about July 3, 2017 (the “Notification”). Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return (except where prohibited) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form (the “Paperwork”) within fourteen (14) days of the Notification. If any Grand Prize winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence (but must be over the age of 18), the Paperwork must be completed and signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Grand Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. After verification of the Affidavit, Grand Prize will be mailed using the United States Postal Service. Potential Grand Prize winner must return the Paperwork within the date and time indicated in the Notification. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the Paperwork within the date and time indicated in the Notification, or is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize winner and his/her entry will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. If the Notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries.
The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099.
No compensation will be provided for any prizes that are not able to be awarded to a prize winner.
9. CONDITIONS - This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules and the English Abbreviation rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, survey, and the Abbreviated Rules, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any Entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants, and prize winners release the Sponsor and each and all of the Sweepstakes Entities, from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) are obtained where prohibited, or (d) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use prize winners' names, addresses (city & state), voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, for this Sweepstakes only, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Sweepstakes Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
10. NO LIABILITY - By participating, Entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any Entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
12. WINNER LIST - To obtain a list of Grand Prize Winner visit romantiquejewelers.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 15, 2017 to: Romantique Sweepstakes Winners List, 3430 C McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, MO 63044.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINSTRATOR – Sponsor of sweepstakes is Jewels & Gems, Inc. dba Romantique Jewelers, 3430 C McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, Missouri, 63044. Administrator of sweepstakes is Avigad Law, LLC, 225 South Meramac, Suite 1021, St. Louis, Missouri, 63105.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.